Congratulations on your decision to develop tougher, more wear resistant coating formulations. While the market for protective coatings increasingly demands increased durability and service lifetime, there have been no innovations in reinforcing additives in over a decade.
SI-TUFF™ Performance Silicon Carbide is a new type of reinforcing additive that is changing the way coatings formulators think about coating reinforcement. It enables levels of performance not before possible, across many different industries and coatings applications. It is safe for food contact applications.
On your first trial, it is uncommon to achieve the expected 20-50% performance increase, and often no improvement is observed. Development work is required to optimize performance.
The best way to get started is by reading the Applications Guide. The objectives of this guide are to:
- Explain what SI-TUFF™ Performance Silicon Carbide can do for you, as well as what it cannot do
- Discuss the engineering behind why SI-TUFF™ works
- Review the different product grades of SI-TUFF™ that are available
- Help you avoid common pitfalls
- Provide guidelines to enable successful design