SOURCING THE CORRECT MATERIAL FOR YOUR SPECIFIC APPLICATION OR PRODUCT IS CHARACTERISED BY COMPLEXITY.
BENEFITS OF THE HDPLAS® PROCESS
Our enabling technology provides a rapid and highly cost efficient method of supplying tailored solutions to both raw material suppliers and product manufacturers. Key advantages of the process include:
- Surface engineering: Functionalization via plasma gives the ability to add desired chemical groups, providing greater dispersion and compatibility between different matrices and nanomaterials resulting in enhanced product properties.
- De-agglomeration: The intrinsically small nature of GNPs and CNTs cause them to agglomerate easily. Functionalization via plasma uniquely encourages disentanglement and exfoliation of the nanostructure.
- Can remove impurities from the host material.
- No acid treatment: The process does not utilise chemical acid treatments which often causes damage during the functionalization process, which can degrade functional performance, structural integrity and mechanical strength of the final product.
- A multitude of target markets, such as inks and coatings, polymers and composites, energy, electronics, transport and an endless list of consumer product markets, each require different material specifications, performance and cost targets for specific applications
- Many types of ‘graphene’, each defined by a different set of properties depending on its form; average flake size, number of layers and the chemical groups existing on the flake surface
- Available production techniques with each method delivering a different material, cost structure and scalability
Given the associated complexity, sourcing the correct material is a big challenge for product and application manufacturers. ‘One size fits all’ solutions do not deliver over the materials already in use, with factors including impure materials, the wrong surface chemistry and the level of functionalization required for specific applications often to blame.
The solution? To source the right material with the right level of functionalization for the specific application or product, together with a scalable, low energy and dry functionalization process.